- eBLAST: AV Project Is Up And Running!
- Transformational Spiritual Development Course
- United For Marriage Multi-Faith Prayer Service
- Spring Concert “Born This Way”
- A Park For All People!
- Eclectic Praise Open Jam Session and Sing Along
- MCC Eastern Network Gathering
- Adult Sunday School
- Lessons in Letting Go: Forgiving Ourselves and Others
- Pastoral Care Discernment Meetings
Donate To MCCDC
With EasyTithe, supporting the church is as simple as clicking a mouse or whipping out your smart phone. Our new online system allows you to make a financial donation to the church with your credit card or direct debit from your banking account.
You’ll be asked to set up your MCCDC EasyTithe Account. You can set it up to make a one-time/anytime donation or make a recurring donation. Recurring donations will give you the comfort of not having to remember your checkbook on Sundays or your vacations. You can also select which fund you want to support, including:
- General Fund: This supports our ongoing overall ministry. In accordance with our budget, donations to the general fund support all of our core programs including worship, wellness work, support for our benevolent activities, basic church expenses (e.g., utilities, paper, salaries, mechanical servicing). Supporting the general fund is supporting our core needs.
- Buchanan Fund: This supports our structure, including building maintenance, building expansion, structural repairs, broken glass, roof leaks, elevator repairs, etc. Supporting the Buchanan fund is your contribution to making sure that we and the community have a safe and warm place to collectively live out our faith walks.
- Parks/McCann Benevolent Fund: This benevolence fund supports our efforts to help those in immediate need. MCCDC is part of a network of benevolent organizations that many of those who are in need turn to when they can no longer afford to pay rent, utilities, food, or medical care. Through this fund, we are a main staple of support for organization such as the Whitman-Walker Clinic. There is a ceiling on the amount requested and it is administered by the Pastoral Care Ministry Team. Please contact the church office for additional information.
- A/V Fund: MCCDC is revamping the Sanctuary sound system, a new audio board and system, and new cameras so we can start to webcast our Sunday services. This will assist in expanding services to folks who are vacationing, shut-in, or just curious to see what’s happening at MCCDC. Goals are to:
*Explore and initiate video streaming and recording that is readily accessible for web distribution and that augments MCCDC’s services and it’s mission to extend beyond the physical walls and into the community.
*Expand the reach of the current audio system into other areas of the facility to include lower level classrooms, chapel and office areas upstairs.
*Replace outdated equipment. The last upgrade/overhaul of the soundboard system to take advantage of newer technologies and standards.
*Develop a revenue stream(s) by providing conference services and support within the larger MCCDC family, outside organizations and local community events.
- Easter Remembrances – We invite you to remember someone you love with an Easter Remembrance. The names of those remembered will be included in our Easter bulletin. Please attach a check payable to MCCDC to this form and place it in the communication box (next to the front door) or mail it to the church (474 Ridge St, NW Washington DC 20001). A contribution of $15 per individual remembered is suggested. The deadline for being included in the bulletin is Tuesday, March 31st.