Donate to MCCDC
and you’ll be asked to set up your MCCDC EasyTithe Account. You can set it up to make a one-time/anytime donation or make a recurring donation. Recurring donations will give you the comfort of not having to remember your checkbook on Sundays or your vacations. You can also select which fund you want to support, including:
- General Fund: This supports our ongoing overall ministry. In accordance with our budget, donations to the general fund support all of our core programs including worship, wellness work, support for our benevolent activities, basic church expenses (e.g., utilities, paper, salaries, mechanical servicing). Supporting the general fund is
supporting our core needs.
- Buchanan Fund: This supports our structure, including building maintenance, building expansion, structural repairs, broken glass, roof leaks, elevator repairs, etc. Supporting the Buchanan fund is your
contribution to making sure that we and the community have a safe and warm place to collectively live out our faith walks.
- Opening Doors Comprehensive Campaign: This supports our Comprehensive Campaign that is focused on opening doors, to creating and sustaining spiritual growth, to inner strength, and to outward social responsibility. This is a special fund established to support a very specific commitment the church has made to reinvigorate our congregation-wide efforts at community outreach in our neighborhood, our city, and the world. Donations to this fund will help MCCDC save and touch more lives, reclaim its voice and leadership in the community, impact our neighborhood, and to offer increased opportunities for healing and reconciliation in a broken world.
- Parks Benevolent Fund: Sometimes known as the Deacon’s fund, this supports our efforts to help those in immediate need. MCCDC is part of a network of benevolent organizations that many of those who are in need turn to when they can no longer afford to pay rent, utilities, food, or medical care. Through this fund, we are a main staple of support for organization such as the Whitman-Walker Clinic. It is administered by the Pastoral Care Ministry Team.
- MCC Santo Domingo: MCCDC was the sponsor of the denomination’s newest church in the Caribbean, MCC Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. This fund provides direct support for the ministry, work, and life of our brothers and sisters at this church, providing them with shelter, worship space, and a location for community development and aid.
- McBride Fund: This fund supports the MCCDC Music Ministry, aiding with support for musicians, choir robes, programs, and concerts. It is named after a former Music Minister and Choir Director.
- McCann Fund: This fund is administered by the Pastoral Care Ministers to provide a small scale financial relief for those living with HIV or AIDS who are falling behind on their housing payments, health insurance, medical prescriptions, utilities, food, or need emergency transportation. There is a ceiling on the the amount requested and it can be only provided once a year for any one person. This program has helped numerous people through the years in dire need and with no where else to turn.