- MCCDC: POWERFUL PEOPLE
- MCCDC: Black History Celebration: “Musical Vignettes of a POWERFUL PEOPLE”
- MCCDC: Choose Life
- MCCDC: BIBLE IN 90 DAYS COMMUNITY, Wednesday, 7 PM
- MCCDC: Reflections
- MCCDC: DIVINE SPARKS
- MCCDC: NOW WHAT? LIVE GOD’S CALL
- MCCDC: TOUGH MIND, TENDER HEART
- MCCDC: IT’S ABOUT TIME
- MCCDC: To Everything There is a Season in the New Year
Homosexuality & the Bible
In the handouts we see how both sides of the debate interpret scriptures. We watched a video of the struggle of a gay evangelical man looking at scripture and debating whether he should be celibate. We found new meaning in scripture by looking at Romans 13:8-10 on how Love fulfills commandments. Then, we saw positive Biblical examples of same-sex relationships and how Jesus and his Disciples treated sexual minorities with love, compassion, and even great honor. God ensured that we are represented and uplifted by the Word. What a special gift from God.
Bulletproof Faith: A Spiritual Survival Guide for Gay and Lesbian Christians by Candace Chellew-Hodge.
See Handouts from the Bible Study here: http://mccdc.com/bible-study/bulletproof-faith
Check out the video “The Bible and Homosexuality: How the Scriptures Changed my Mind” from the church office.